Porcelain Countertops in Toronto Are Light and Durable Options for Your Renovation
Kitchen renovations remind us of just how essential a clean, well-organized cooking space is for a household to run smoothly. It’s always refreshing to update your kitchen décor if it’s showing signs of wear or falling out of date, but you’ll want to choose beautiful, durable materials that last a long time. Porcelain countertops in Toronto allow you to work with an elegant product that’s light, strong and easy to install. That saves you time and money on your project so you can get back to life sooner.
What’s So Special About Porcelain Countertops in Toronto?
For busy kitchens, porcelain is a top contender for resilience, style and ease of maintenance. Compared to many other countertop materials, porcelain slabs are a breeze:
- No sealing or special soaps are necessary to keep them clean and shiny.
- 30% harder than granite, making it nearly impossible to scratch, dent, or chip.
- Forged in temperatures up to 1000 °C,so you never have to worry about it cracking or discolouring under exposure to hot pans.
- Non-porous and stain-repellant. You can scrub it as hard as you like if you need to, but most spills can simply be wiped away or easily washed with warm, soapy water.
- Will not fade and rated for indoor or outdoor use. Itopens upinteresting design possibilities for continuity from your indoor space to outdoor entertaining areas.
What Porcelain Countertop Designs Are Best for Kitchens in Toronto?
In addition to incredible durability, porcelain can be engineered in an array of colours and styles. Patterns and pigments are combined for unique options, and details like ‘marble’ veining can be incorporated into tiles and large slabs. If you wish to emulate the appearance of another substance like granite or marble without the hefty price tag, we have realistic designs you’ll love.
If you prefer bold colours, you can choose from evocative, fade-proof hues that will spark creativity in your cooking and boost the energy of family meals and dinner parties.
You can also customize your countertops with matte or polished finishes. Multiple edging styles can be chosen to further personalize and perfect the kitchen of your dreams.
Can Porcelain Be Installed Over Existing Counters?
This is one of the most advantageous finishing materials because you can install it over old tile, stone or wood. You can save substantial time and money when building over old countertops instead of having a contractor tear them out.
Modern porcelain is exceptionally versatile because slabs can be made thin and lightweight, without losing any of their strength. It also makes for practical and beautiful backsplashes, wall panels, cabinetry, and even decorative accents throughout your home.
Are Large-Format Porcelain Tiles Best?
The size of your tiles and shape of your counters will determine how many grout joints are required to cover the surface. Many designers and contractors prefer large slabs for the following reasons:
- Fewer grout joints:That reduces the possibility of seam issues and will make cleaning a breeze!
- Faster installation: Even very large tiles are relatively lightweight, easy to transport and install.
- Beautiful aesthetic: You’ll love the sleek look of your countertop with large-format tiles.
Home renovations are sometimes challenging, but the results will be worth it when you trust Quartex Surfaces for your countertop design. We welcome you to call or visit and see what we’re madeof.