What You Need to Know About Blue Quartz Countertops in Toronto

What You Need to Know About Blue Quartz Countertops in Toronto

Have you considered updating your kitchen with a fresh look or a complete remodel? If you follow design trends, you may already have a Pinterest board filled with stunning blue quartz countertops. In Toronto, this look is very popular with designers and homeowners alike, and it could bring a unique sense of elegance and style to your kitchen. Here are 7 facts you need to know about blue quartz.

1. Toronto quartz countertops are harder than granite

Increasing numbers of people are realizing that quartz is one of the best materials for countertops because it is nearly indestructible. Granite has long been renowned as one of the hardest natural substances, and it’s highly resistant to damage. However, quartz is even tougher, making it even less likely to chip or crack.

2. Nearly impossible to stain

Quartz is nonporous, so spills can’t penetrate the surface, even when left standing. Clean up is easiest when done promptly, but your counters will not be marred with grungy coffee stains, red wine splashes or oily marks. Even permanent marker ink can be treated and removed safely using hairspray or dry-erase markers.

3. Quartz is scratch-resistant

Due to the resilience of quartz, the surface repels scratches. We don’t recommend cutting directly on your counters with sharp knives because you could dull the knife. As well, cutting acidic foods without a protective mat or board could reduce the shine on a counter surface.

4. Naturally anti-bacterial

Unlike granite, which must be sealed and re-sealed over its lifetime, blue quartz countertops do not require ongoing maintenance to prevent bacterial growth. That can allow peace of mind when you work and eat on your kitchen surfaces daily. Life unfolds at a hectic place in most family kitchens, and homeowners with Quartz appreciate one less thing to worry about.

5. Quartz is available in many shades

Blue quartz is a gorgeous, translucent crystal that occurs naturally in a variety of hues, from grey to deep blue. Slabs of manufactured quartz are designed with various pigments, flecks of gold, or swirls of colour that create outstanding and unique results.

6. Protect from heat

Blue quartz countertops in Toronto are 93% crystals, which are impervious to heat. However, the other 7% consists of colour and resin binding elements combined. The result is a smooth surface that’s impervious to moisture, anti-bacterial and resists etching. When exposed to very high temperatures such as a scalding hot pan, the resin can become cloudy. To avoid heat damage, just use insulative pot-holders or trivets to keep your surfaces beautifully clear and blue.

7. Blue quartz makes a statement

The artistic character and style of the blue appeals to many designers. We believe this trend is here to stay. If you’re seeking ways to harness the beauty of blue shades in your home, ask the expert consultants at Quartex Surfaces. We can recommend practical options to tie together a look that is all yours.

Stain Resistant

Natural Durability

Low Maintenance

Colour & Texture